Friday, July 13, 2007

My View: The Reviews E-M

Eleven Weeks to Steal November- Not that great. I wanted to be a fun comedy that would be released in the month of July. I kept getting the characters mixed up and it didn't have a Clooney feel to me. C

Final Fantasy X- Seems crazy to me. I've never played a Final Fantasy game so I'm not really an expierenced reviewer, but seemed just crazy to me. D

Gathering Blue- I liked it, but it was kind of uneventful. Baquero is perfectly cast and it seems baity, but just didn't have the it factor for me. B

Go Ask Alice- Seemed to blunt to me it could have been more mysterious and thought-provoking, but just blah. C+

Good Morning, Ladies- Ugg, the most overrated bait of the month. It's ok, but I would have liked it a lot more if it were loosley based on The View, but it was the exact same thing just different names. I can't see this movie made because it is too much like The View and it could have been a lot better. Still, it is full of great casting, and it had a good base, just went the wrong direction IMO. B-

In the Dead of Night- Patrick you are one of the greatest authors on this site and definately one of my favorites. It is a great bait, but I worry about it being a 90-120 minute film. Still, I enjoyed reading it, but Ellen Page is overused this month. A-

Into Thin Air- I was disappointed. You're one of my favorite authors and I thought your return would be fantastic and it wasn't. Can't wait for your next bait though. C

Kosomopolis- I was bored and didn't care. I was disappointed, but the poster saves it. C-

The Last Woman Standing- I was bored and didn't care just like Kosomo. It's baity and if it is your debut bait you did a good job for your first time. C

Life After Brenda- I enjoyed this bait a lot and Kyle Chandler gets a nomination from me. This is a really great bait. I can see myself seeing and loving this movie. A-

Listen and Hear- Not that great. It started out interesting, but I felt it was too LMS esc. Kurt gets a vote for Supporting Actor from me. C-

Mad Love- I was bored. And I didn't get the point of the "This is a Love Story..." thing. Not sure about the Spader casting either. C-

The Madness of H.P. Lovecraft- I loved it. It lived up to my expectations and Nic Cage gets a nomination from me. This makes up for Mad Love. B+

Masden Family Matters- Miller seems out of place, but I liked it. It wasn't spectacular, but it was semi-enjoyable. B

No comments: