Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cheers & Jeers: The July Oscars

Let Me Start off by saying... Peter O'Toole Finally Won A Competitive Oscar...Well Almost

I have to say that I am overall pleased with the winners of the Oscars this month and I think it capped one of the greatest month's since last fall and the best month of 2007 for baiting and the community as a whole. This being my 12th month in the contest I have to say that I personally have grown a lot as a baiter over the year and as a person I have changed a lot as well. Anyway here is a little bit of my thoughts on the winners...

Cheers To...
  • 3 Wins for The Banality of Evil! My personal favorite bait of the month and one of my favorites of the year and of all time and it scoring #2!!!
  • Good Morning, Ladies not making the Top 10. Get made at me all you want, but IMO it is one of the most overrated baits of all time. I really liked Megan Mullally and Kristen Chenoweth, but it was too obvious for me.
  • The Dark Ages poster being recognized, it seemed like a real movie poster!
  • Conquistador getting an honorable mention. I thought it would be completely shut out and I really loved it!
  • Roman Polanski winning for The Valley of Ashes, that really made me happy!
  • Batman winning Box-Office Hit, even though I was pretty sure it was going to happen, it still made me happy.
  • H.P. Lovecraft getting an award along with making the Top 10, I really enjoyed the bait.

Jeers To...

  • Border Man snagging the #3 spot. Sorry, just didn't like it that much.
  • Dear Mr. President being so close to getting a picture nomination. I really wanted it to make the cut.
  • Eleven Weeks to Steal November making the Top 10, sorry once again, I didn't enjoy it.
  • Life After Brenda getting no honorable mention.
  • Kristen Chenoweth not winning for Good Morning, Ladies.
  • Lindsay Lohan winning for Rehab! Sorry, she was the worst part of the bait for me.
  • It taking 10 months for another comedy to win Best Picture.

Well, those are my thoughts. Feel free to post below and I would like to say here that I am very pleased with the results, even if they didn't go that way. I intend to release a bait entitled Collapse which I'll release more information in a couple of posts and a bait called Amen? that revolves around a newly divorced wife finding that her "Christian" friends and their church aren't so Christian after all.

From Zgamer and I, we wish all of you the best luck in August!

No comments: