Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My View: Golden Globe Predictions

Best Picture (Drama)
The Banality of Evil
Border Man
Dear, Mr. President
Into Thin Air
The Valley of Ashes

Surprised to see Into Thin Air here and I will be completely surprised if it wins because it is definately the darkest horse in the race. While Border Man was the best reviewed bait, I doubt that it will take this award because of the lack of buzz. Banality is at #11 on the list, and I think it is a bait that is widely loved in the "Academy of Igloo Voters", but not of the majority of population. I think the same applies to Dear, Mr. President, but more widely loved. I think that The Valley of Ashes will take the award, but don't be surprised if Dear, Mr. President steals it.

My Prediction: Valley of Ashes

Best Actor (Drama)
Tom Berenger (Border Man)
Nicolas Cage (The Madness of H.P. Lovecraft)
Billy Crudup (Into Thin Air)
Barry Pepper (The Valley of Ashes)
Peter O'Toole (Dr. Death)

Solid lineup and I'm pretty sure that Crudup and Berenger will be left in the cold. This is really a toss up and I would have say that Cage or O'Toole could easily take it, but since of the 3 Valley is the only nominated for Picture and I believe that Pepper will win.

Prediction: Barry Pepper (The Valley of Ashes)

Best Actress (Drama)
Susan Sarandon (Dear Mr. President)
Ellen Page (Go Ask Alice)
Juliette Binoche (Audrey's Girls)
Michelle Williams (Under Fire)
Ivana Baquero (Gathering Blue)
Evan Rachel Wood (Devil on my Heels)

Wow, I'm really happy that I got a nomination, but I doubt that I will win. I think that Sarandon will win because she has the baitest role and the bait she came from is widely loved and it got Best Picture Drama nomination.

Prediction: Susan Sarandon (Dear, Mr. President)

Best Picture (Musical/Comedy)
A New Agenda
Good Morning, Ladies
Rehab!: A Contemporary Musical
Divine Poker
Eleven Weeks to Steal November

Wow this is really a tough competition and I'm going to bet that A New Agenda takes the award because between Good Morning, Ladies and Rehab! there are 4 authors who can't vote for their own bait in the category and they will probably defer to Agenda for their vote.

Prediction: A New Agenda

Best Actor (Musical/Comedy)
George Clooney (Eleven Weeks to steal November)
Carl Reiner (A New Agenda)
Drake Bell (Rehab!: A Contemporary Musical)
Jeff Goldblum (Divine Poker)
Justin Long (Listen and Hear)

This one is between Bell and Reiner and I'm going to bet that this is going to go to Reiner because Bell wasn't the best part of the bait.

Prediction: Carl Reiner (A New Agenda)

Best Actress (Musical/Comedy)
Blythe Danner (Good Morning, Ladies)
Megan Mullally (Good Morning, Ladies)
Thandie Newton (Eleven Weeks to steal November)
Michelle Pfeiffer (Divine Poker)
Lindsay Lohan (Rehab!: A Contemporary Musical)

Even though they can't vote for their own bait, still bet on Mullally to take the award.

Prediction: Megan Mullally (Good Morning, Ladies)

Best Supporting Actor
Al Pacino (A New Agenda)
Jay Hernandaz (Our Father)
Chris Bridges (Under Fire)
Ralph Fiennes (Batman: Scars of Tommorow)
Gary Oldman (Banilty of Evil)
Daniel Day Lewis (Night)

I disagree with the Oldman nomination in Supporting, but oh well. I think Ralph will take it with Oldman a close second.

Prediction: Ralph Fiennes (Batman: Scars of Tomorrow)

Best Supporting Actress
Claire-Hope Ashitey (Audrey's Girls)
Stephanie D'Abbrozzo (Rehab!: A Contemporary Musical)
Kristen Chenoweth (Good Morning, Ladies)
Maribel Verdu (Border Man)
Helana Bonham Carter (The Banilty of Evil)
Bette Midler (Good Morning, Ladies)

Don't be surprised if D'Abbrozzo takes it because people will want to recognize the bait somewhere (my personal thought was she was one of the best parts of the bait), but expect Chenoweth to snag yet another award.

Prediction: Kristen Chenoweth (Good Morning, Ladies)

Best Director
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Border Man)
James L. Brooks (A New Agenda)
Ridley Scott (Under Fire)
Roman Polanski (The Valley of Ashes)
Oliver Stone (Dear Mr. President)
Robert Zemicks (Into Thin Air)

Tough category this month, I would have to say go with Polanski, but don't be surprised if Brooks or Stone take home the gold.

Prediction: Roman Polanski (The Valley of Ashes)

Best Screenplay
Ronald Harwood (The Valley of Ashes)
Guillermo Arriaga (Border Man)
Mark Andrus (A New Agenda)
Tony Kushner & Billy Ray (Banilty of Evil)
Eric Roth (Into Thin Air)
Oliver Stone (Dear Mr. President)

Once again, I believe it is between Ashes and Agenda, but expect Mark Andrus to win for the Agenda script which Daniel has been promoting. Still don't be shocked if The Valley of Ashes wins.

Prediction: Mark Andrus (A New Agenda)

SAG predictions to come soon...







1 comment:

Bryce said...

great predicts. Only I put my money on Al Pacino for supporting actor.