Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My View: A Special Congratulations!

I just wanted to give a Special Congratulations to Daniel for being the first author to win Best Picture twice. I have to admit, that ever since you wrote Ironic Nonfiction and Dali back to back, I looked up to you as a peer and you have always been one of my favorite authors in the contest (definately in my top 3) and I have always valued your critiques as a way to make myself a better author. And to all the people who have dubbed me the "King of the Baiting Comedy" you are completely wrong because this is the guy that has one 2 Best Picture Oscars for his comedies, while I have yet to win a Best Picture at the Golden Globes for my work.



Daniel, I am very happy that you are the first repeat winner in the contest and I look forward to all you other projects. I have to say that I doubted that a repeat winner would happen in the year 2007, but A New Agenda is very deserving of the prize. I hope that makes everyone bring their A game in the next few months because I really think this is a huge stepping stone for the contest as a whole. Now that 1 author has won BP twice, it makes the question, "Will the crown the same author twice" a stupid question. I honestly think that August and September will be the best months for the contest (as far as quality goes) since last August, September, and October.



So to all the baiters who feel discouraged, keep trying because everyone has the film, or bait in this case that is what makes them a name. Trust me, we all feel inclined to just stop at some point, but you can't because even if it is a crap month for your bait(s), then you have the chance to view the contest and the buzz from more of a 3rd person view, and in the past, that has helped me grow in the contest and make my work and my releases more quality, even though we all have flops now and then (The Ultimate Oscar, Home For Purim anyone?). Point being, everyone has at least 1 bad credit. Perseverance is the key, and it's a virtue at the same time, it's a win/win/win situation (kudos to whoever gets that reference (the reference being the "win/win/win" thing)).

Sincerely (sp?),
Michael

1 comment:

Bryce said...

Very true and encouraging words. I think the coming months will definitely be better than the last, and I hope everyone will enjoy my future baits. Also a big gratz to Daniel and his BOTM win.