Thursday, July 5, 2007

1st Half of the Year Nominees

Here are the twenty baits that will be on the 1st Half of the Year list. Which will make it to the top? Comment here. Oh, and congrats to the nominees.

BOOTLEG, written by Maia
DESTINY, written by Harry
DINAH WAS, written by Brian from Minneapolis
DOMINION, written by Tony
DRAGONTOWN, written by James Somerton
E. L., written by Daniel Crooke
FADED RED, written by Brian from Arizona
GLASS, written by Marcus Dennis
IMAGINE, written by Harry
INSIDE YOU OUT, written by James Somerton
JACKRABBIT, written by Zgamer
LUCKY CLOVER, written by Sergio Requejo
SANDSTORM, written by Al
SWEET BLACK AND BLUE, written by D. W. Dillon
RIVER CITY BLUE, written by Ross
RUSH, written by Ross
TAVISTOCK PLACE, written by Pat
THE VAMPIRE LESTAT, written by James Somerton
LA VENTANA, written by Brett
WICKED, written by Al

7 comments:

zgamer said...

Well, I guess I'll comment first since I wrote the article.

I feel every one of these baits deserve to be on the spot. While they range from the truly great (La Ventana, Dragontown) to the sadly underrated (Tavistock Palace) to the pretty good but not fantastic (Imagine), they were all the best baits of the first half. They all had great qualities to them and I wish them luck on the list. I'm also grateful for my spot on there too. Oh, and does anyone else think that this should expand to the Big 8 and creativity awards as well?

Ryne said...

I must say I'm surprised to see Dragontown, Tavistock Place, and Inside You Out make the list. I'm really happy Inside You Out made the list though

D.W. said...

I'm suprised to see like half these baits. Some of the baits I don't even remember. That's usually not a good thing. Meh to the list.

Bryce said...

i hope I get at least an honorable mention

Brian Erickson said...

I think that Jackrabbit is a lock for 1st. While I didn't care for the bait--at all (it's nowhere near Zgamer's best, as many claim)--the support for it was astonishing.

zgamer said...

Well, everyone has there own opinions. I personally think La Ventana is a lock for first. I just feel it in my gut, also because it was my favorite of the first half.

What do you think is my best anyways Brian? Cause I think Fresh Heir is probably your best (I'm also surprised Balton Productions got snubbed from the list).

Brian Erickson said...

I think that Zgamer's best is Wackos. It's still my favorite bait of all time. The characters are not only hilarious, but also three-dimensional. It's a movie that I could not only see winning Oscars, but also being loved by people of all generations. And the casting is spot-on.