Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My Thoughts: Predicting Who Will Win Best Picture

So now that Daniel has won his 2nd Best Picture title, pretty much anyone is eligible to win Best Picture. That said I thought I would share my thoughts on some of the authors poised to win Best Picture before the year comes to a close...

Tony- I think everyone agrees he is the most overdue for a Best Picture win and I'm betting it will come in the next 5 months.

Josh P.- One of the most underrated authors on the site, but don't be surprised if he wins it by the end of the year.

Harry- He usually has more art kind of baits and I think that will hurt him when trying to win Best Picture. Still, if he releases more mainstream baits, I think he'll win soon.

Pat- As far as repeat winners go he is the most likely to win again according to our poll. I agree with the poll because, correct me if I'm wrong, but he has the most Best Picture nominations of any author.

Brian (Arizona)- Lately he has had baits that have gone under the radar and I don't think he'll win his second until '08.

Zgamer- I wouldn't doubt if he wins by the end of the year, but I don't think any of his video game adaptations will be crowned.

Bryce- He has had solid baits the last couple of months, he just needs that bait that will propel him to his win.

Matt- He's had popular baits in the past, but look if Deep Secret starts getting good buzz, I bet he'll win soon.

James Somerton- If he goes through with leaving the contest, expect him to win in the next couple of months.

D.W.- He has a huge following and he releases solid baits. In a weak month he could easily win.


So here are the 5 I think will win before the end of '07...

1. Tony- It absolutely has to happen (October)
2. Pat- Look for him to win either November or December
3. James Somerton- I bet he'll win September
4. Matt- I think he'll win August because Deep Secrets seems to already have really good buzz
5. Harry- It make have taken awhile, but expect him to write a powerhouse bait that will win everyone over.

4 comments:

Bryce said...

Thanks for the wirte up :) I'm definitely trying to come up with an idea that could get me the big prize. But that's easier said then done lol I agree, tony will win before the end of the year. I feel he should of won for both Freakshow and Dominion, next month he has some juicy baits so hopefully they turn out good. But, good luck to everyone in the coming months!

24rules said...

Actually, Brian from Arizona and Daniel Crooke and I (Pat) have the same amount of BP noms. 6 each.

Ryne said...

Being a member of the panel, I can say Tony has two very solid baits this month

Michael said...

thanks for the info Pat, I didn't know I just assumed.