Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Best of the Best: Casting Choices

I am just sitting here on the computer and pretty much just writing posts that I feel would be good reads because I love reading things like the following post. I just thought I would share some of my favorites casting choices throughout the history of the contest...

(These are all from actual nominees for Best Casting Choice)

Thomas Haden Church as Jimmy Carter- One of the reasons I love this casting is because I never would have come up with it. It is a very believeable choice and I can just see him in the film. A fantastic choice!

Brendan Fraser as Christopher Reeve- Same as Jimmy, I completly believe this casting. They casted a well-know actor, but one that needs a vehicle to showcase his talents and I believe this would be it.

Emma Thompson as Terri Schiavo- Though I don't think it would ever be made, this is a great choice to play Terri and Emma's talents are perfect for the role.

Terrence Howard as Martin Luther King Jr.- Although used twice, I still love the casting. He would win an Oscar if he ever played this role, which I'm sure he will.

Jane Fonda as Nancy Regan- One again it's believeable.

Naomi Watts as Marilyn Monroe- Fantastic. I've heard rumors that Gwen Stefani and other actress' I can't remember are up to play the part in an upcoming film, but I strongly believe that Watts is the best choice.

David Straitharn as Walt Disney- When I first entered the contest I wanted to do a biopic of one of my biggest heroes, but I could never find the right guy to play the king of animation. David was a great choice and I envy that you did it before me.

Stockard Channing as Ethel Merman- I love it because I would have never thought of it. She can sing she can dance and she would dance away with the Oscar if it were made into a film.

Debra Messing as Lucille Ball- I've actually written a biopic starring her as Ball and while she has been in my mind for over 2 years to play one of my favorite comedians, the fact that you used her made me happy.

Cillian Murphy as John Mark Karr- A great choice because he can be creepy and be good at the same time.

Toni Collette as Liza Minelli- Once again fantastic because I never would have thought of it and it is perfect.

Annette Benning as Bette Davis- Has Oscar written all over it.

The Entire Cast of Live From New York- The best cast of all-time hands down. The cast was one of the reasons I still love it today.

Kate Beckinsale as Vivian Leigh- She's is also an actress who just needs to find the role that will make her a star. I believe this would be the role.

Thats the end of '06, next up '07...

2 comments:

Harry said...

Thanks a ton for selecting Kate Beckinsale!

Bryce said...

Live From New York had some of the best casting of all time.