Friday, August 3, 2007

Future Bait Plans

Sorry if when I talk about my baits it annoys you, but I thought I would shed some light on my future projects that will be released in the coming months...

September (2 baits?)
If so I plan on revising Newport (a LOT!) and releasing it as a drama.
I also plan on releasing either You're A Good Man Charlie Brown or Until We Meet Again or All About Steve. These are all 3 completely different baits and here is a little bit about all of them...

Charlie Brown- Animated, Directed by Brad Bird and based on the Broadway Musical of the same name. Tentatively (sp?) features the voice talents of Anthony Rapp, Kristen Chenoweth, Megan Mullally, and David Hyde Pierce.

Until We Meet Again- A holocaust drama about two young loves who are seperated during the holocaust. I am in the middle of reading the book and no casting has been made. Steven Spielberg is in talks to direct and produce.

All About Steve- A comedy starring Sean Hayes. Steve Adams is the biggest thing in modern Hollywood, but when his former acting teacher dies, Steve comes back to his hometown to go to the funeral, take over a part that was once his teacher's, and in turn gets a taste of reality.

In October I plan on releasing a bait called Hex House which is a dramatic acting piece about an old woman, played by Frances McDormand, who kidnaps two young women and puts a "hex" on them and makes them her slaves. Based on a true story.

In November I hope to release an adapatation of Green Grow the Lilacs, which was turned into "Oklahoma" back in the 40's. I plan on releasing it in November because that will be when the state Oklahoma turns 100!

In December I think I am going to release a musical adapatation of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, using some of the songs from the Disney version. It will star, Norbert Leo Butz, Patrick Wilson, and Jeremy Irons. Slated to direct is Joel Schumacher.

I know I have a lot of plans, but in January I will release one of the following projects...

Spring Awakening- I haven't seen the musical, but I hope I can adapt it into a film well.

Eden's Kin- A comedy about Adam and Eve's offspring. Directed by Judd Apatow.

The Matchmaker- The play that was adapted into Hello Dolly!

Projects That Will Serve As A Plug In If Those Baits Don't Work Out
  • Amen?- A dramedy about life at a local church.
  • Untitled Charles Dickens Biopic
  • Untitled Project About My Grandma- I hope to chronicle the events of my grandma's life in a comedic way.
  • The Sweet Escape- A Musical about escaping the real world.
  • Rodgers and Hammerstien Biopic- Worked on it for a while, but nothing has ever been written down.
  • Inside/Out- Dramatic Piece about Teen Life
  • Untitle White House Chef Bait- Comedic bait about the chef in the White House
  • Will Rogers Follies- Baiting the Musical of the Same Name
  • The Queen of Air and Darkness- Sequel to The Sword and the Stone
  • I Love Beth Cooper- Based on the book by John Doyle Comedy
  • Down the Rabbit Hole- A Lewis Carroll biopic
  • Who Wrote It?- Comedy about a publishing company
  • My Life in Jokes- Chronicles Bob Hope's life, based on the book and starring Kelsey Grammer
  • Untitled SNL Presidents Bait- A comedy featuring all the presidents ever made fun of on SNL

I love comments!

2 comments:

Ryne said...

first of all, how can you come up with so many ideas? i'm struggling to thnk up of just one lol. second, I would consider making newport a comedy. i remember you wanted that Wicked feel so go with it as a comedy (just not a musical)

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to do an animated bait. I was thinking of doing "Family Guy: The Movie".