Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bryce's The Non-spontaneous 2008 baits

Well 2008 is here, and I'm joining the bandwagon and posting my planned baits for 2008. I entitled it "Non-spontaneous" because about 90% of my baits were spontaneous baits and never been pre-planned. This year I'm going to have more planned baits because a) They usually result in better success, and b) They are usually more challenging, and as a writer I try to challenge myself. Anyway, Here are my list of planned baits, and also I'd like to wish everyone good luck in the coming 2008 year, the bait of the year competition, and the January competition. Good luck to all!

zGamer/Bryce Video Game Bait
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to annouce what it is yet, but I think it's shaping up to be a great bait. The last video game bait we did together was Knights of the Old Republic, which I felt met success. although I can't reveal too much, I will say the subject matter is much more baity than kotor. I'm sure more will be revealed in the coming months since it will be coming out in February.
Expected Release: February

Middlesex
Based on the popular book this is sure to be a bit controversial when it's released. this will also be one of my most challenging baits. I haven't adapted a book since "Gathering Blue" but adapting this book is proving to be harder than Gathering blue or The Giver. The story centers around an intersexed individual and his experience of growing up in Detroit, and also gives background to his unique family history. It's really to hard to describe the story in a quick sentence, so expect more on the story later in the year. And when I say later, I mean LATER, because I don't expect this bait to be done until hopefully June (Unless I get more time on my hands, and more motivation).
Expected Release: June

Kenpachi
This will be more first foreign-language bait. It's a japenese tale of a Samurai who goes on a journey to kill every Samurai Master in Feudal Japan in an attempt to find the true meaning of his life. It's suppose to be an Akira Kurosawa homage flick, and I'm excited about the project. Right now i'm torn between casting a japenese director, or getting one of Akira's self-proclaimed fans to direct it (like Steven Spielberg or Francis Ford Coppola). If we can submit two baits in February this will probably be released then, otherwise it will be my march bait.
Expected Release: February/March


The Long Halloween
Yea you guessed it, I'm talking about the popular batman graphic novel. However, I'm just gonna do what D.W. did with Mad Love (07) and just adapt it into a detective story. This is one of my favorite graphic novel (right under Watchmen) so I'm excited about adapting it. More on the story when it comes out which should be in April.
Expected Release: April


Untitled Personal Bait
It seems like everyone's doing a personal bait these days, so I decided I'm going to write one as well. Not sure what story I think the hardest part will be trying to translate my conflicts into seeming like valid conflicts. It's not that there petty or anything like that (trust me) It's just that one person's major conflicts in life can be seen as not a big deal by another. I'm not afraid of people criticizing my life (lol) but it will be hard to try and translate my own life into a bait (even though some things will have to exaggerated or toned down a bit). It should be interesting and it should be challenging. I don't know exactly when this will come out, but I think people will know it's a personal bait when it is out. It will just feel different from my other baits.
Expected Release: Undetermined


Also in the coming month I will be releasing "Finding Death" a story about corrupted politics, and a brother chasing after his brother's killer. Also I want to thank all those who participated in the festival. The baits are looking good, and I would also like to thank the panelist for joining.


Anyways good luck to all, and feel free to post some of your planned 2008 baits as well.


2 comments:

Adrian James said...

Planned 08 baits

February
From the Ritz to the Rubble

A revenge/self destruction tale of a cop(Jack White) chasing a crime boss(Terrence Howard) and vice-versa. Things get deadly when a cockney thief(Ben Foster) is hired to assist the crime boss. Directed by James Mangold.

March
Broken Triangles

Based upon a recently finished screenplay i have written myself, a self-proclaimed 18 year old author(Michael Cera) falls in love with his ex-babysitter(Emma Stone) who comes home from college. When she gets involved with his pot dealing best friend(Jamie Bell), the story spreads off into each's tale of torment and horror, dealing with muggers, ex-boyfriend stalkers, and British drug dealers.
Directed by Wes Anderson

March
Alas, Reparations

The Government has recently passed a law for white decendents of slave owners to pay reparations to decendents of the slaves. One man(Nicolas Cage) can't pay his(Chiwetel Ejiofor) and is then sued. The case sparks racial fueds across america, but not in the way you would think. Also starring Julianne Moore as Cage's lawyer.
Directed by Alexander Payne.

April
Untitled Phillip Seymour Hoffman bait.

A harsh drama about a known Neo-Nazi accidentally hit-and-running over a young Jewish girl, whose father(Hoffman) will stop at nothing for justice.
Director unknown yet.

Anonymous said...

the useful ideas you presented do help our team's investigation for our group, thanks.

- Lucas