Monday, November 5, 2007

Wow...

I really didn't know what to call this post, so I'll just call it WOW because I love that word and there's a lot I have to say. First off, I am so happy with the reaction that our Top 100 list has received and even though most is mixed, that is exactly because if we choose to do this again next year, then people will take the time to make sure we get it right and let's face it the AFI list brought some negative reviews when it first came out and so is ours. I also would like to announce a few things about the blog and my baits, so here are a few bullet points because I personally enjoy them...
  • On the blog this month I am hoping to start a series called The 7 Best (ripped off lovingly from Brian's Oscar blog Oscar Obsession (oscarobession.blogspot.com)) where I will take 7 best things in the contest and rank them depending on how much I like them. For instance, I would pick the genre Musicals and decide my 7 favorite and rank them. I think it's going to be a lot of fun and I hope everyone has a great time with it.
  • I also want to start a few other things, but check back on the blog later for a possible addendum , where I will announce these things.
  • As far as my baits go, I am hoping to release the following baits, Green Grow the Lilacs based off the play by Lynn Riggs which was later turned into the musical "Oklahoma" the cast is still being worked on. I also want to release a bait called Out West which is about a young Cherokee boy who is sent off to an ivy league school to become a laywer and help better his nation, but upon his return from college he is informed that he must move out west with the rest of his tribe. My last bait of the month is based of the short story The Scarlet Ibis, which is about the relationship of a young boy and his younger brother. I hope everyone enjoys them.

So that's all I have for now, check back at the blog for more updates!

No comments: